Monday 26 May 2014

About Me

The real name's Charlotte Josephs, but I've never been quiet enough to be a Charlotte. Instead, most people call me Chaz. I'm an aspiring writer on the path to becoming a publishing professional.

I was born in Bradford, United Kingdom, in 1992. My father is a Jamaican immigrant and my mother was born and raised in a tiny town in the Yorkshire countryside – it’s quite a mix. I don’t remember a time in my life when I’ve not been telling stories. As a child, I used to make up bedtime stories for my sisters, and as I got older I started to write them down.

I've just come home from my year abroad in Lyon, France. In September, I will return to university to finish my degree in English Literature and Creative Writing at the University of Hull.

My first piece of writing to be published was a place holder in Ink Tears’ flash fiction competition.

Intern at Dzanc Books.
Editor at Control Literary Magazine.
Intern at a literary agency.

0 comments:

Post a Comment